Wednesday 2 February 2011

Front doors, discounts and bathing furries


Morning all Wednesday already how did that happen.

Well I had a bit a a blitz here yesterday, it started with cleaning my front door and porch. I have a bit of a thing about front door areas. In the passed I have delivered some of my leaflets in the local area and wondered if people have actually taken a good look at there front door area. Broken pots, dirt, worst of all upvc doors that are meant to be white but aren't. Someone also said to me probably my mother that money can't flow into your house if the front door is a mess!!!????? Either way I am always critical of our entrance, so bucket of flash out and away I go washing down the door and porch area.

Then onto some flowers in an effort to brighten up my entrance and force Spring into my garden. I went to the local farm shop which is Fab really good quality food and reasonable prices. The lady had a tray of Primroses at £9 more that I was willing to pay. So I asked for a discount as I said they were looking a bit poor ( which they were) and she was happy to get shot of them and I felt I had a good deal. I'll go back next week for more.

I will ask for a discount in most places as in my opinion the shop keepers can say no, but it does give them the chance to sell something and get different stock in. My husband cringes when I ask for a discount - some times I am a bit cheeky but hey ho. My husband wanted a bike so in we went but the one he wanted wasn't in stock but the better one was. I explained we wanted the cheaper one but if he knocked £100 off we would take it. He said immediately yes that's fine we paid and off we went. My husband said he felt we robbed him!! My view he probably made £50 on the bike and not £150, but he turned the stock over made a profit and we will go back. My other option was to go the wimps route and not give my cash to a local trader but get on line and get the bike for the same price.

Back to my day I then bathed my guinea pigs and gave them a nice groom and blow dry, they were all frisky after that. We offer a grooming service at the Small Furry Hotel so lots of piggies and rabbits pass though for a bit of pampering.

Well off to a speed networking event this week I shall report back on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment